Wednesday, July 15, 2009

check me out

I am a frequent reader of the Shutter Sisters blog. Most of you have probably seen the link to this blog over there on the sidebar, but just to explain a little bit, it is a blog created by a group of women with a passion for photography in order to reach out to other women with that same passion. They share stories, photos, projects, tutorials and inspiration for anyone that shares their passion. I love looking at the pictures that they post because they are simply breathtaking and it provides a little inspiration for me as well. One of the projects that you can participate in is called the One Word Project. The basic concept for this project goes like this: Each month the ladies at Shutter Sisters come up with a word that you are to interpret anyway you like through your pictures. They have set up a group on the Flickr website for you to post your pictures for everyone to enjoy and each day the administrator of the group (obviously a Shutter Sisters creator) looks through all of the pictures and chooses one to feature on the Shutter Sisters' One Word Project page. I have never participated in this project, I've only looked at other people's pictures.....until now. When I got back from the beach last week, I logged on to the website, just to browse as usual, and noticed that the new word for the month of July was "Summer." Hmmmmm, I thought....I have a trillion pictures that I just took from the beach that would sum that up pretty quickly! So, I took a deep breath and posted a few in the Flickr photo pool.....feeling a little nervous that my pictures weren't nearly as fantastic as everyone else's. Well, a few days later I got an email from Tracey (a shutter sister and group administrator) saying that she just loved one of my photos and had chosen it to feature on their OWP page for today! WHAT?!!!! Seriously? COOL! So, go on over there and Check Me Out!!

4 comments:

Libby Pratt said...

Yay!!! Congrats! Now Avery will be famous! hahaha Did you tell Kim?

Emma said...

haha! thanks....no i haven't told her, i figured she or josh would see it

christy said...

That's awesome! Congratulations.

Emma said...

thanks christy :)